No. All jobs are NOT that stressful. But, why is your work stress so bad?
- Work stress around losing your job or seeming “unprepared”, no matter how hard you work
- Feeling like you have to be “on” all the time and that nothing you do is successful
- Realizing you have the job you thought you wanted, but feel just as lost as you did after college graduation
- Getting a promotion, but still having racing thoughts that you don’t “belong”
- Struggling to say no, watching your personal life be exchanged for late nights on your laptop
ADHD and Work Stress
You Like Your Job, BUT You Feel Stuck, AND You’re Experiencing…
- Imposter Syndrome: You feel like you don’t belong, or that you’re a “fraud” and your successes are just pure luck.
- Burnout: You’re starting to feel like a “workaholic,” constantly feeling overwhelmed, angry, and emotionally drained at work (and consequently at home).
- Self-Doubt: You’re always thinking of going after a dream until the wave of worry takes over (I’m always… It’ll never… Is it me?).
- Loss of Meaning and Purpose: You feel trapped, depressed, and unmotivated––you wake up with a feeling of “dread” each morning.
How Therapy for Work Stress Can Help You Get Unstuck
Whether you need help fighting burnout at work, or you are ready to invest in new dreams, therapy for impostor syndrome can help empower you to find fulfillment in your career and life. It’s possible to remove the emotional blocks in your way. To wind up loving what you do. And it’s possible to find work/life balance and to learn when and how to say no (or in some cases, yes).
Maybe you want to be able to leave work at the door so you can go on a date without checking your email. Or, maybe you just want to take a lunch break. Perhaps you want to find that job that you’re excited about. I mean, just think of all the stuff you could do on Sunday nights if you didn’t have to spend it dreading the workweek. My point is, you deserve to feel successful and happy at your job without your personal or creative life taking a hit.
The Focused Mind ADHD Counseling Approach to Therapy for Work Stress
My approach is supportive, encouraging, and down to earth. Therapy is a place to slow down. You can bring in (and let go of) whatever you need––the overwhelm, the anger, the fear––and start being present for all parts of your life.
Because there are no performance reviews in counseling, we have space to answer the deeper questions: Why is it so hard to leave work at the door? What about your day leads you to feel overwhelmed? Where can we reclaim your meaning and purpose? What would the dreamer in you say about where you’re at in life?
In therapy for work stress, you lead the way to your goals.
First and foremost, many of my clients tell me that the therapeutic relationship is one of the most helpful parts of therapy. That is, I have no “agenda.” Well, other than supporting your goals.
Second, because therapy should be as unique as you, we’ll customize our approach with evidence-based therapies that fit you (not just a cluster of “symptoms” or “behaviors”). We’ll figure out why you’re feeling the way you’re feeling. Then, we’ll use psychologically proven methods such as psychodynamic therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), to help you unlearn self-doubt and start taking control of your life.
As an entrepreneur (and career-changer) myself, I know you don’t have to live with chronic work stress or job dissatisfaction. Let’s end self-doubt once and for all. I’d love to help.
Start Therapy for Work Stress in Columbus, Ohio
You don’t have to feel stuck forever. At my Columbus, OH-based counseling clinic, we can figure out what you want and how to get there. If you have questions about therapy or working with me, please visit my “About Me” page. To start the counseling journey, follow these simple steps:
- Click here, email, or call today for a free 15-minute phone consultation.
- Schedule a time to meet with me, your therapist, for your first appointment.
- Stop feeling lost. Start finding your way.
Other Counseling Services Offered by Focused Mind ADHD Counseling
Feeling lost, stuck, and overwhelmed can look different to different people. That is why I offer counseling services from my Columbus, OH-based counseling practice. In addition to therapy for work stress and burnout, I offer adult ADHD treatment, therapy for men with ADHD, anxiety treatment for ADHD depression counseling for ADHD. Let’s talk now about how you can live your best life in the future.