Anxiety Symptoms and ADHD:
- Constantly worrying about running out of time
- Struggling to shut your brain off from overthinking or to-do-lists
- Being unable to enjoy your life because you’re always worrying about a mistake happening
- Sitting at your desk trying to play it cool while you’re having a panic attack inside
- Fears of failure and the unknown holding you back from taking risks
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is the unsettling feeling you get when you are worried about the future. It typically shows up when you overestimate threats and underestimate yourself. It can range from being perfectly manageable to disrupting normal daily functioning.
Not everyone suffers from anxiety, but lately, we are all feeling anxious from time to time. While it might be “normal”, anxiety doesn’t have to be in your life forever.
ADHD and Anxiety
It’s almost impossible to mention ADHD without talking about anxiety. Most adults with ADHD are no strangers to situational anxiety, and nearly 50% of people with ADHD qualify for an anxiety disorder. Often, adults with ADHD struggle with organization and getting things done, which would make anyone anxious. When paired together, ADHD and anxiety symptoms can, in turn, increase challenges with concentration and confidence.
Everyone Experiences Anxiety Differently, But Some Common Anxiety Symptoms Are:
- Worries you are unable to control
- Can’t sleep
- Easily tired
- Sensitive to light and sound (e.g. “on edge”)
- Muscle tension
- Can’t concentrate, mostly due to worries and racing thoughts
Types of Anxiety You’re Concerned About
- Social Anxiety (fear of evaluation)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (constant worries you struggle to control)
- Panic Attacks (intense surges of overwhelm with racing heart and shortness of breath)
- Adjustment Disorder with Anxiety (anxieties after an event like a move or break up)
How Anxiety Treatment Can Help You Now
Prior to starting counseling, many of my clients felt either overwhelmed by too many choices or held back by the fear of failure. Many were looking for a safe place to confront their fears and overcome insecurities. Just like them, you deserve to regain a sense of confidence and calm. You know that you can find various treatments for anxiety, but where do you start? Will it even work?
Counseling can help you untangle anxious thoughts and change negative patterns within your relationships and life choices. This could mean learning when to say no or even when to say yes.
Once you stop being wrapped up in anxiety and constant worries about the future, you’ll finally be able to live in (and enjoy) the moment. Your work-life can have renewed focus and your downtime can actually be fun and relaxing.
The Focused Mind ADHD Counseling Approach to Anxiety Treatment in Columbus, OH
Our approach is supportive, encouraging, and down to earth. Therapy is a place to find calm, without judgment, and to conquer your fears. To learn how to ask for what you need and go after what you want.
First and foremost, many of our clients tell me that the therapeutic relationship is one of the most helpful parts of therapy.
Because your anxiety treatment should be as unique as you, we’ll customize our approach with smart therapies that fit you (not just a cluster of “symptoms” or “behaviors”). We’ll explore and figure out why you’re feeling the way you’re feeling. Then, we’ll support our work with psychologically proven methods such as psychodynamic therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) to help you unlearn self-doubt and start taking control of your life.
Start Anxiety Treatment in Columbus, OH
You don’t have to feel so anxious forever. At my Columbus, OH-based counseling clinic, we can figure out what you want and how to get there. If you have questions about therapy or working with me, please visit the About page. To start anxiety treatment today, follow these simple steps:
- Click here, email, or call today for a free 15-minute phone consultation.
- Schedule a time to meet for your first appointment.
- Stop feeling lost. Start finding your way.
Other Therapy Services Offered by Focused Mind ADHD Counseling
Feeling lost, stuck, and overwhelmed can look different to different people. That is why we offer ADHD testing and counseling services from our Columbus, OH-based therapy practice. In addition to anxiety treatment, we offer adult ADHD treatment, counseling for men with ADHD, anxiety treatment for ADHD, and depression counseling for ADHD.
If you have questions about therapy or working with us, please visit the “About” page.