ADHD Testing in Columbus, OH
Do you feel overwhelmed by life and crave structure?
Do you feel panic when you lose your car keys or wallet (yet again)? You may have always wondered if you had Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). But, you have only been told words like “anxiety” or “depression,” or phrases like “you did OK at school growing up, so that must mean you don’t have ADHD.” If this resonates with you or someone you love, it may surprise you to know around 5 million adults in the USA have ADHD. But… the majority don’t know they have it.
Common Symptoms of Adult ADHD
Adults with ADHD navigate many different obstacles. Everyone experiences attention struggles in different ways. Here are some of the common ADHD symptoms:
- Trouble wrapping up the final details of a project
- Difficulty getting things in order when you have to do a task that requires organization
- Fidgeting or squirming with your hands or feet when you have to sit down for a long time
- Struggles getting started on tasks that need a lot of thought and planning
- Difficulty keeping your attention when you are doing boring or repetitive work
- Easily distracted by activity or noise around you
- Frequently losing keys and wallets
ADHD Testing in Columbus, OH: Know With Confidence You Have Adult ADHD
Taking an online ADHD quiz or adult ADHD test can help alert you to possible ADHD symptoms. But, ADHD testing offers the most accurate diagnosis possible. ADHD testing helps you know with certainty if you have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Common Experiences That Come Along With Adult ADHD
Many of our clients have had experiences with other providers who either thought they had adult ADHD from a ten-minute interview. Or, dismissed the possibility altogether. They felt like people were either “quick to medicate” or “quick to call it anxiety or stress.” Dealing with ADHD symptoms without clarity or direction can cause people to struggle for years without effective help. Thankfully, ADHD testing offers the most comprehensive option for diagnosing ADHD in adults.
The Focused Mind ADHD Counseling Approach To ADHD Testing
Before ADHD testing, many of our clients wanted to understand why it was a struggle to get things done. Like you, they longed to manage overwhelming emotions and declutter their life. Most of all, they wanted to know why they felt like they were struggling to fit into a world that seemed built for someone else. Like them, you deserve answers and a path forward.
Here is our ADHD testing process:
- We start with a fifteen-minute phone consultation to learn more about you. Then we can schedule the testing.
- ADHD testing starts with a comprehensive interview. We will discuss your past and present, and explore your most pressing concerns.
- You’ll complete a series of questionnaires and a computerized test. Don’t worry, we know “testing” is a loaded term and will make the process as easy as possible.
- If it turns out that you have ADHD, we will collaborate on a treatment plan.
- You’ll also receive a written report that explains your diagnosis.
- Most of all: we will help you turn ADHD into a superpower.
What Is Holding You Back From Beginning Adult ADHD Testing?
“I’ve already had enough criticism for a lifetime; I don’t want to be ‘fixed.”
We get it. That’s why at Focused Mind ADHD Counseling, we see you as more than a “label” or set of “symptoms.” We know you’re a human being with unique strengths. Because actually, ADHD is a set of superpowers. You just need the manual for using those superpowers to your advantage (and for working through the frustrating stuff).
At Focused Mind ADHD Counseling, our mission is to go beyond labels. To see you as a whole person with distinct skills and passions. We aren’t just here to “treat ADHD,” but to help you get unstuck, so you can live the life you want. We have a laid-back approach, and our adult ADHD specialists seek to make therapy feel comfortable and safe.
Begin Adult ADHD Testing in Columbus, OH
You don’t have to live your life feeling overwhelmed and making unintended mistakes. Testing can help you find real understanding and real solutions. Our Columbus, OH-based counseling practice has caring adult ADHD specialists. To start your journey with our adult ADHD specialist, follow these simple steps:
- Fill out the contact form to schedule a consultation.
- Meet with one of our adult ADHD specialists.
- Stop feeling scattered. Focus your busy mind.
Other ADHD Services Offered at Focused Mind ADHD Counseling
We offer a variety of mental health services that go beyond adult ADHD treatment at our Columbus, OH counseling practice. As an adult with ADHD, Focused Mind ADHD Counseling understands you may also benefit from anxiety treatment for ADHD, counseling for men with ADHD, or depression counseling for ADHD. You can also view our blog for more resources and helpful info! We look forward to connecting with you!